Sunday, July 15, 2007

Umm, Let's see....

Ah yes, we are indeed in Delhi, no doubt in my mind whatsoever! Hot? Why ever would you ask? Monsoony? Jeez, really, where do you think we are?!

We have been on a bus driven by a maniac to a place where I couldn't cross the border, been in hired cars that we have found out were illegal to be in, and on an AC sleeper train that travelled 1,500+ kilometers. We have been in the sweltering heat of the Terai, the incessant rain of Darjeeling, and finally into the blistering heat of Delhi.

Tonight we board a bus to head back into the (hopefully) cool mountains of Himachal Pradesh to Dharamshala. This is supposed to be the best bus to go on but we've heard that song and dance before! We'll spend 4 or 5 days there and then began a train/bus/perhaps plane ride back to Kathmandu. We're expecting to be back in KTM sometime around the 23rd or 24th.

Everything has been wonderful so far. We have seen amazing things and eaten some really spectacular food. We've had pretty good luck with transportation and accommodations and we pray/hope that it will continue! The only thing that has gone awry so far has been my camera. I haven't figured out if it is the cheap batteries or some internal malfunction. Needless to say, I'm working on the problem as best I can. It works when it wants to, but then again, so do I, so I don't blame it too much...

Off on the next leg of the adventure! See ya!

1 comment:

Jill said...

hi A!! i miss you!! fix your damn camera! and my monkey hasn't arrived yet, just thought i'd let you know. love you! sis