Wednesday, June 6, 2007

See ya Richmond - for awhile...

We're off and running. OK, well, we're sitting at the moment but you get the idea. Our clothes have found themselves smashed into various transport receptacles and the numerous gifts headed east have managed to remain nested although the seams on the luggage are nearing maximum tensile capacity.



It's never easy to leave anything that you are intimately familiar with but it is also pretty cool to be doing so. I have NO idea of what will be on the other side but I am giddy like a schoolboy in anticipation. The only thing I know for sure is that it will be hot. Beyond that, I just plan on having fun, fun, fun. It hasn't sunk in for Namgyal yet that she will be in the arm's of her mom in a matter of hours but she suspects that Bangkok will be the starting gun for the butterflies in her stomach. It's OK, I've got them for both of us for now. She can take over later for the two of us.
The last two days have been hectic but fully within the range of expected nuttyness. My family was here last weekend and it helped a bunch to see them. Sis came on Thursday with her friend Megan (we went to high school together, too) and Mom and Dad came on Friday. As is usually the case, we ate our way through the East Bay and saw a myriad sites. It's just nice to see the family. It isn't very often we are in the same place at one time so this was pretty special to me. No one has sent me the photos of us from last weekend so I will post them as soon as I get them.


Oh, did I mention we are in the International Terminal of SFO right now? For some crazy reason we were actually given boarding passes and allowed through security. Can you believe it?


I am hoping to do the next post from Taipei, Taiwan. I had to pay for the Wi-fi here but its worth it. Talk to you soon.

















2 comments:

Jill said...

are you there yet?

Jill said...

Guess that dial up in Nepal isn't working so well.